domingo, 22 de agosto de 2010

Pospartum experience

After the baby was born he was put to my breast. The cord stop beating, and we left the tub. The placenta has not come out. I slept with my baby at the breast and a contraction come the midwife came pull the cord and the placenta.
The midwife was concerned that had not yet gone to the bathroom so she asked me to get up and when I did I began to feel dizzy, and when we got to the bathroom try to sit down and only heard a popping sound. I passed out. I was injected to stop the bleeding. I get to the ambulance. We went to the hospital. They saw my platelets. Apparently I lost fourth is blood in the body. Do not let me leave until the next day at night with a promise not to move in the next two weeks.
Apparently was the result of fatigue from many days of contractions, combined with oxytocin put me not to expel the placenta, which prevents bleeding. Nothing that I knew so far.
Now I'm in my room, my skin is green. I have to eat well and take a million of pills. But Im not depressed, I'm happy. Afraid of what might have happened. But now I can separate the two experiences. The happiness of having my son as I dreamed in not going to be remove for anyone.
The postpartum shock either. I think what happened makes the two births of my children fairer.It would have been hard to tell always the tragedy of my c-section and the happiness of my VBAC. Both experiences have taught me a lot. The most important thing is:  I have my two loves with me and they are fine. With the two and the two I have learned.
My butterfly is the nicest girl in the world, God has given me in my children a great blessing with which I can only be grateful for them and for the oportunity to be here to enjoy them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario